Workshop: 10,000-step plan
Adequate physical exercise keeps you healthy. A simple way to ensure that you get enough physical exercise on a daily basis is by walking more. Research has shown that adults should aim to walk 10,000 steps per day. That is why Mensura developed the 10,000-step plan – a workshop during which participants learn about the health benefits of walking 10,000 steps per day. They will also receive advice on how to achieve this goal.
Employers want their workers to be energetic and resilient. By encouraging them to get enough daily exercise, not just through motivation but by providing an actual plan with a specific target, you can help your employees accomplish this. And that is where the 10,000-step plan comes in.
Want to bring about a change in behaviour among your employees and help them establish a healthy, long-term exercise pattern? The 10,000-step plan has been successfully implemented across many organisations.
The workshop will be delivered by an expert paramedic of Mensura:
- How to develop a 10,000-step plan for your company?
- What project materials should you use?
Workshop participants learn the following:
- What is the 10,000-step plan?
- How often do you do physical exercise?
- How to use the pedometer, the booklet and the tool for recording your steps?
- How to incorporate physical exercise in your daily life?
You will have a follow-up meeting with our advisor to reflect on the following:
- How would you evaluate the project?
- How to round up the project?
- Is there a need for new initiatives?
The 10,000-step plan will increase the resilience and vitality of your employees. They will feel better and be more active, resulting in greater productivity and commitment. Your company will be not just one, but ten thousand steps ahead.
- Preparing members of management and other relevant persons.
At the beginning of the project, we will need half a day to explain the project in detail to members of management and other relevant parties. Together, we will run through the entire project and set up a plan of action.
- Workshop for employees
- This ½-day workshop can be held at your premises or at one of Mensura’s training facilities.
- A suitable room with a Beamer is required as the instructor will make use of visual materials.
- You will need to advise us at least 2 months prior to the start of the project about the target group and about the number of workers (maximum 20) who will be participating.
- You will need to provide us with the following information at the latest 10 days before the start of the workshop: address and exact location of the training room, contact person within the company, email address, mobile phone number, etc.
- Evaluation, modifications and new initiatives
- Another ½-day follow-up meeting can be booked with our advisor three months after the project is completed.
Contact us for a proposal.