Mental problems are the disease of this century, says the World Health Organisation. More than 1 in 10 adults in Belgium has a mental disorder.
The number of people suffering from mental issues is increasing by 10% per year. Mental illnesses in the workplace are no exception. Of the working population:
- 1 in 100 suffers from burnout
- 1 in 20 suffers from anxiety disorders
- 1 in 14 struggles with depression
If you do not intervene in time, your employees may end being absent from work. A number of simple measures will help you deal with mental problems in the workplace appropriately.
What do you learn?
The training session consists of an exploratory online introductory session, short presentations, role plays and simulations. Participants can expand and refine their insights and skills regarding:
- The mental health issues that employees may face, such as serious personal problems, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, stress, burn-out, etc.
- Quickly provide suitable care and support to stop the situation from getting worse, which, if allowed to do so, may lead to (long-term) absenteeism.
The role play situations and simulations are staged as realistically as possible by an actor/actress present for the training. This helps participants acquire techniques and tools to:
- Listen to employees in a non-judgemental way and reassure them;
- Take preventive measures for the early detection of mental health issues;
- Encourage employees to seek appropriate, professional help and implement self-help strategies;
- Successfully reintegrate an employee on long-term sick leave.
After the training, we consolidate the participants’ knowledge during two short online follow-up sessions. During these follow-up sessions, we will work with propositions and realistic situations.
Optionally, a presentation can be given to all of the organisation’s employees to raise their awareness of mental health care.
The training session attendance is limited to a maximum of 15 participants. The training lasts one day.
This course is part of our Interact-offer
- The practical approach of the training will help your managers become better equipped to recognise and assist with mental health issues.
- This demonstrates that you, as an organisation, are concerned about the psychological well-being of your employees, which will have a positive influence on your image.
- You reduce the chance of absenteeism due to mental health issues;
- It is often the case during the training that opportunities for procedural improvement within your organisation will be identified. The training allows us to work on these and help develop your welfare policy further.
Call the Psychosocial Aspects department on +32 2 549 70 22 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or a quotation.
This training is intended for executives, HR managers and an organisation’s management.
The prices depends on how you follow the training.
If your organisation is affiliated with Mensura External Service for Prevention and Protection at Work (ESPPW) and you have prevention units, you can pay with these as long as your balance is sufficient.
Subsidies and financing options
We qualify for all kinds of subsidies and financing options because we are certified by many government agencies and sector funds.
- SME Portfolio (in Flanders). Use these certification numbers in your request:
- members of Mensura External Department for Prevention for Prevention and Protection: Mensura EDPB - DV.O105072
- non-members: Mensura CONSULT - DV.O101943
- Training cheques - Wallonia
- Sector fund