Alcohol and drug abuse poses a number of risks on the safety and health of workers. Not only does it produce an adverse effect in terms of output and performance, it also impacts their interaction with colleagues and increases overall absenteeism rates. In addition, alcohol and drug abuse increases the risk of accidents and conflicts.
What do you learn?
The training course on alcohol and drugs in the workplace provides a basic framework for gaining insight into the hazards associated with the use of alcohol and drugs. Direct supervisors are also taught how to deal with workers who display problematic behaviour due to alcohol or drug abuse
- Raise awareness among workers about the adverse effects of alcohol and drugs in the workplace.
- Promote greater awareness among managers and supervisors about the associated risks and provide them with the tools and resources to intervene in a timely manner when there are signs of potential alcohol or drug abuse.
This interactive training course covers the following issues:
- Definition: When does the use of alcohol or drugs become problematic? What are the causes, symptoms and effects?
- During the course, participants take a closer look at the organisation’s internal policy on alcohol and drugs. The session may include practical exercises for managers and supervisors on how to discuss alcohol or drug abuse with affected employees.
- Duration: ½ day
- Course type:
- In-company training for groups of minimum 5 and maximum 18 people.
- Open training for groups of 8 to 18 participants.
This course is part of our Interact-offer
Talk to an expert, share your experiences and learn from each other. Learning is a social event. You learn to apply basic knowledge in practice, both online and in the classroom.
- Participants are able to recognise signs of potential alcohol or drug abuse much sooner
- Participants learn how to support affected employees in a structured manner
The prices depends on how you follow the training.
If your organisation is affiliated with Mensura External Department for Prevention and Protection at Work (EDPPW), then you will receive a discount. Do you have sufficient prevention units available, then you can use these to pay. Being certified by government departments and sector funds we qualify for all kinds of subsidies and financing options.
Subsidies and financing options
We qualify for all kinds of subsidies and financing options because we are certified by many government agencies and sector funds.
- SME Portfolio (in Flanders). Use these certification numbers in your request:
- members of Mensura External Department for Prevention for Prevention and Protection: Mensura EDPB - DV.O105072
- non-members: Mensura CONSULT - DV.O101943
- Training vouchers
- Sector fund